Vacancy: Community Manager – Russian, Polish or French Speaking
Standing on Giants is the world’s first agency for businesses that want to build a brand-owned, online community. Born from the team that created the revolutionary community-led model at mobile disruptor giffgaff, Standing on Giants now boasts clients like Airbnb, Legion by Lenovo, O2, and Tesco Bank, helping them launch successful communities. We are Khoros Kudos award-winners in 2020, recognising our work as Best-In-Class.
We are proud to be the first online community company to attain B Corp Certification, meaning we ascribe to the highest standards of environmental and social responsibility. As a company, our vision is a world where business works for the benefit of people and planet, not just profit, powered by trusting and collaborative communities. As a result, it’s critical that we take active steps towards this every day in our work. Our people are, therefore, of central importance. We have a range of employee benefits to enable you to do your job to the best of your ability and we pride ourselves on our supportive, open environment and shared efforts to keep our working practices as sustainable as possible. We are proud to be named as one of the top 100 purpose-led businesses to work for in 2021 by Escape the City, receiving a 9.9/10 rating from our employees.
About the Role
We have three vacancies available in our community management teams, delivering services to a globally recognised brand.
As a Community Manager, you will implement the Online Community Strategy through managing the daily activities of the Client’s online community in your language territory. You will ensure that the community is a safe and healthy environment for its members and you will facilitate engagement in line with the Community purpose. You will be supported by our Head of Community.
You will be hard-working and quick to learn. Highly self-motivated – you’re the kind of person who’s always striving to do better. If you have an open, honest and collaborative approach to your job, you’ll fit right in.
Community strategy implementation:
- Support the Head of Community to create the online community management strategy based on the SoG methodology and in cooperation with the Client
- Lead the implementation of the agreed community strategy for their language community to meet defined objectives
- Run the community on a daily basis in line with SoG community management methodology to create a safe and healthy environment for members and facilitate engagement in line with the defined strategy
- Act as an advocate of the brand in the community, as well as an advocate of the community within the brand, engage in dialogues with members and answer questions where appropriate, providing a superior quality of customer service and support to the community
- Deal and communicate with community members during crises, unstable or abusive behaviour applying SoG’s methodology for member education
- Monitor and analyse community performance to ensure agreed KPIs are being met and send regular quantitative and qualitative reports on the community’s progress to the Client.
- Fluent in English and either, Russian, French or Polish
- Excellent communication skills especially in writing, including editing and content creation
- You will be working on a gaming community so familiarity with videogames is a must
- Outstanding engagement skills including promoting productive behaviours, being relentlessly positive and effectively managing conflicts
- Great listening and influencing skills; high emotional intelligence
- Strong analytical skills, including data collection and reporting
- Effective organisational and prioritisation skills
- Technical skills including community platform, google suite and Mac knowledge is an advantage
- Experience in running or managing online communities (forums) or similar client-facing operational experience
Nice to have
- Experience in the game, mobile & tech industry is a plus
- Experienced in organising and participating in online events
- Good cultural understanding of the country your community is based in
- Knowledge of other European languages
Location independent, with regular meetings in London, UK.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
Due to the high number of applicants, we will only be able to respond to successful candidates