CLOSED – Vacancy: Operations Assistant
About the Company
Standing on Giants is the world’s first agency for businesses that want to build a brand-owned, online community. We empower businesses to build thriving online communities that put their customers at the centre of everything they do. Born from the team that created the revolutionary community-led model at mobile disruptor giffgaff, Standing on Giants now works with leading businesses like Airbnb, O2, Tesco Bank and Utilita, helping them launch successful communities that deliver real results. We are Khoros Kudos award-winners in 2020, recognising our work as Best-In-Class.
We are proud to be the first online community company to attain B Corp Certification, meaning we ascribe to the highest standards of environmental and social responsibility. As a company, our vision is a world where business works for the benefit of people and planet, not just profit, powered by trusting and collaborative communities. As a result, it’s important that we take active steps towards this every day in our work. Our people are, therefore, of central importance. We have a range of employee benefits to enable you to do your job to the best of your ability and we pride ourselves on our supportive, open environment and shared efforts to keep our working practices as sustainable as possible.
About the Role
We are looking for a proactive Operations Assistant to join our team, the role will work closely with the Operations Manager to support all operational functions in the business. The successful candidate will have good organisational and time management skills and have the ability to work to fixed timescales and prioritise daily ad hoc tasks as they come in.
You will be hard-working, have exceptional attention to detail and will be quick to learn. If you have an open, honest and collaborative approach to your job, you’ll fit right in.
- Providing calendar assistance to the delivery team, ensuring that all sessions are booked and the time is tracked in Asana
- Be the first point of contact for all employee queries, introducing and managing the ‘employee service desk’
- Supporting the Operations Manager with ad hoc projects such as ISO certification and reviewing and implementing processes
- Responsible for all team purchases, tracking spending and managing the asset inventory
- Deal promptly with daily requests from managers and employees
- Support with all employee engagement activities, organising events and coming up with ideas for team get-togethers
- Assisting in the recruitment and on-boarding of new team members ensuring that everyone has a warm welcome to the business
- Adhoc: this role will involve many ad-hoc projects which vary across the different internal teams as the need arises
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, stay on top of them and get everything done
- Proactively spotting problems and solving them quickly
- Great knowledge of Google suite products
- An excellent team player with the flexibility to meet the needs of the business
Nice to have
- Experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of other European languages
Location-independent with regular travel to London, UK
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
Due to the high number of applicants, we are only able to respond to successful candidates Apply for this job.