Vacancy: Technical Account Manager
About the Company
Standing on Giants is the world’s first agency for businesses that want to build a brand-owned, online community. We empower businesses to build thriving online communities that put their customers at the centre of everything they do. Born from the team that created the revolutionary community-led model at mobile disruptor giffgaff, Standing on Giants now works with leading businesses like Airbnb, O2, Tesco Bank and Utilita, helping them launch successful communities that deliver real results. We are Khoros Kudos award-winners in 2020, recognising our work as Best-In-Class.
We are proud to be the first online community company to attain B Corp Certification, meaning we ascribe to the highest standards of environmental and social responsibility. As a company, our vision is a world where business works for the benefit of people and planet, not just profit, powered by trusting and collaborative communities. As a result, it’s important that we take active steps towards this every day in our work. Our people are, therefore, of central importance. We have a range of employee benefits to enable you to do your job to the best of your ability and we pride ourselves on our supportive, open environment and shared efforts to keep our working practices as sustainable as possible.
About the Role
The Technical Account Manager will be responsible for overseeing multiple development projects simultaneously, which may vary in size and complexity. This role requires excellent project management skills and the ability to effectively interact with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
This position is client facing and requires a balance of technical expertise, project management proficiency, and strong interpersonal skills to ensure the successful execution of development projects while maintaining excellent client relationships.
You will be hard-working and quick to learn. Highly self-motivated – the kind of person who’s always striving to do better. If you have an open, honest and collaborative approach to your job, you’ll fit right in.
- A strong multi-tasker, with the ability to coordinate clients’ technical deliverables and timelines within the development team.
- Provide a level of technical expertise for questions arising during the development of client deliverables and engaging with the development team when required.
- Coordinate multiple concurrent projects and campaigns of varying size and complexity.
- Act as the contact between the client and the development team, ensuring effective communication and collaboration.
- Build a strong relationship with platform clients by providing proactive support and assistance.
- Handle a range of technical and non-technical queries from clients using our platform and routing them to the appropriate departments within the business.
- Stay updated on our latest platform improvements and services in order to effectively promote them to our clients and encourage upselling opportunities.
- Consistently assess customer requirements on the platform and actively strive to enhance their experience through proactive measures.
- Run weekly, fortnightly and monthly meetings with customers using our platform to ensure regular and productive communication.
- Produce monthly reports for clients using our platform, giving insights into the usage of their service wrap.
- Jira Software, Confluence and Jira Service Desk knowledge is essential
- Proficient in Agile methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban
- Proven experience in managing technical and non-technical projects.
Nice to have
- An interest or experience in online forum communities is a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of web development is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
Please note that we will carry out a criminal and financial background checks on successful candidates
Due to the high number of applicants, we are only able to contact successful candidates.