CLOSED – Vacancy: Community Manager
About the Company
Standing on Giants is the world’s first agency for businesses that want to build a brand-owned, online community. We empower businesses to build thriving online communities that put their customers at the centre of everything they do. Born from the team that created the revolutionary community-led model at mobile disruptor giffgaff, Standing on Giants now works with leading businesses like Airbnb, O2, Tesco Bank and Utilita, helping them launch successful communities that deliver real results. We are Khoros Kudos award-winners in 2020, recognising our work as Best-In-Class.
We are proud to be the first online community company to attain B Corp Certification, meaning we ascribe to the highest standards of environmental and social responsibility. As a company, our vision is a world where business works for the benefit of people and planet, not just profit, powered by trusting and collaborative communities. As a result, it’s important that we take active steps towards this every day in our work. Our people are, therefore, of central importance. We have a range of employee benefits to enable you to do your job to the best of your ability and we pride ourselves on our supportive, open environment and shared efforts to keep our working practices as sustainable as possible.
About the Role
As a Community Manager, you will implement the online community strategy by managing the daily activities of a Client’s online community. You will ensure that the community is a safe and healthy environment for its members and you will facilitate engagement in line with the community purpose. You will ensure all activities within the community and between the community and its parent business are run efficiently and in conformance with the underlying principles of the company and business goals. You will be working alongside other community managers and supported by a Head of Community.
You will be hard-working and quick to learn. Highly self-motivated – you’re the kind of person who’s always striving to do better. If you have an open, honest and collaborative approach to your job, you’ll fit right in.
Community strategy implementation:
- Support the Senior Community Team to create and implement the online community management strategy based on the SoG methodology and in cooperation with the Client
- Run the community on a daily basis in line with SoG community management methodology to create a safe and healthy environment for members and facilitate engagement in line with the defined strategy
- Act as an advocate of the organisation in the community, as well as an advocate of the community within the organisation, engage in dialogues with members and answer questions where appropriate, providing a superior quality of member service and support to the community
- Deal and communicate with community members during crises, unstable or abusive behaviour applying SoG’s methodology for member education
- Monitor and analyse community performance to ensure agreed KPIs are being met and send regular quantitative and qualitative reports on the community’s progress to the Client.
- Fluent in English, excellent communication skills especially in writing, including editing and content creation
- Experience in running or managing online communities (forums) or similar client-facing operational experience
- At least 1 year of experience working with the Khoros community platform including backend and admin tools
- Outstanding engagement skills including promoting productive behaviours, being relentlessly positive and effectively managing conflicts
- Highly collaborative both within the community team and across other stakeholders
- Great listening and influencing skills; high emotional intelligence
- Strong analytical skills, including data testing, collection and reporting
- Effective organisational and prioritisation skills
- Exciting creative thinker that brings innovation and outside learnings to strengthen the community strategy
- Experience organising, leading and reporting insights for online and offline community meetups and events
- Contribute and deliver outstanding product support for forum improvements and updates.
Nice to have
- Some experience working in Customer Service, Player support or a similar role
- Fluency in Dutch, French, Portuguese, Italian, German or Spanish is a plus
- Keen interest or experience in Quality assurance testing or beta testing
- Familiar with Hospitality and/or keen world explorer!
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
Location independent, with regular meetings in London, UK
Due to the high number of applications, we are only able to contact successful applicants.
Please note that successful applicants will be subject to criminal and financial background checks as part of our onboarding process.