Vacancy: Community Insights Specialist – Toronto, Ontario, Canada
About the Company
Standing on Giants is the world’s first agency for businesses that want to build a brand-owned, online community. We empower businesses to build thriving online communities that put their customers at the centre of everything they do. Born from the team that created the revolutionary community-led model at mobile disruptor giffgaff, Standing on Giants now works with leading businesses like Airbnb, O2, Tesco Bank and Utilita, helping them launch successful communities that deliver real results. We are Khoros Kudos award-winners in 2020, recognising our work as Best-In-Class.
We are proud to be the first online community company to attain B Corp Certification, meaning we ascribe to the highest standards of environmental and social responsibility. As a company, our vision is a world where business works for the benefit of people and planet, not just profit, powered by trusting and collaborative communities. As a result, it’s important that we take active steps towards this every day in our work. Our people are, therefore, of central importance. We have a range of employee benefits to enable you to do your job to the best of your ability and we pride ourselves on our supportive, open environment and shared efforts to keep our working practices as sustainable as possible.
About the Role
As a Community Insights Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in elevating Airbnb’s understanding of user experiences by meticulously researching and constructing both regular and ad hoc insights reports. Your primary focus will be identifying and summarising Host (and sometimes Guest) opinions of new features and policy changes, and you will also keep a finger on the pulse of discussions across diverse channels.
You will analyse quantitative and qualitative data, identify trends and themes in the posts and discussions, consolidate the information and write clear and succinct reports.
You will have strong English writing skills, have exceptional attention to detail and a good ability to synthesise and summarise data and insights. If you have an open, honest and collaborative approach to your job, you’ll fit right in.
- Build recurring and ad hoc insights reports
- Track and analyse community data and feedback
- Identify trends and themes and summarise them clearly and succinctly
- Gather additional requirements from the client to enhance reporting
- Provide operational data and insights support to the wider business where needed
- Fluent in English with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Competence in data analysis and good understanding of analytics & reporting tools
- Great attention to detail with strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Familiar with Google Docs and other content and data processing softwares
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Interest in online communities
- Ability to cope with a fast-paced work environment and change
- Good technical understanding and ability to pick up new tools quickly
- Experience with Looker Studio
- Experience with social media listening tools
Nice to have
- Fluency in a second European language is a plus
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Search Console, Sprinklr or any other analytics tools.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
Please note that successful applicants will be subject to criminal and financial background checks as part of our onboarding process.