CLOSED – VACANCY: Community Manager – Arabic Speaking
About the Company
Standing on Giants is the world’s first agency for businesses that want to build a brand-owned, online community. We empower businesses to build thriving online communities that put their customers at the centre of everything they do. Born from the team that created the revolutionary community-led model at mobile disruptor giffgaff, Standing on Giants now works with leading businesses like Airbnb, O2, Tesco Bank and Utilita, helping them launch successful communities that deliver real results. We are Khoros Kudos award-winners in 2020, recognising our work as Best-In-Class.
We are proud to be the first online community company to attain B Corp Certification, meaning we ascribe to the highest standards of environmental and social responsibility. As a company, our vision is a world where business works for the benefit of people and planet, not just profit, powered by trusting and collaborative communities. As a result, it’s important that we take active steps towards this every day in our work. Our people are, therefore, of central importance. We have a range of employee benefits to enable you to do your job to the best of your ability and we pride ourselves on our supportive, open environment and shared efforts to keep our working practices as sustainable as possible.
About the Role
Join one of the fastest-growing new gaming communities in the world! We are looking for a fluent Arabic speaker to join our community management team. You’ll be managing the community of a world-famous consumer electronics company under their high-performance gaming brand. This community has grown to over 150,000 members in record time and we’ve also expanded across new territories!
As a Community Manager, you will implement the Online Community Strategy through managing the daily activities of the Client’s online community in the MEA territory. You will ensure that the community is a safe and healthy environment for its members and you will facilitate engagement in line with the Community purpose. You will be supported by our Head of Community.
You will be hard-working and quick to learn. Highly self-motivated – you’re the kind of person who’s always striving to do better. As this is a gaming community, an active interest in gaming is great to have, though we don’t mind as long as you’re willing to dive feet-first into this world as part of the job. If you have an open, honest and collaborative approach to your job, you’ll fit right in.
Community strategy implementation:
- Support the Head of Community to create and implement the online community management strategy based on the SoG methodology and in cooperation with the Client
- Run the community on a daily basis in line with SoG community management methodology to create a safe and healthy environment for members and facilitate engagement in line with the defined strategy
- Act as an advocate of the brand in the community, as well as an advocate of the community within the brand, engage in dialogues with members and answer questions where appropriate, providing a superior quality of customer service and support to the community
- Deal and effectively communicate with community members during unpredictable situations, time-bound community projects, or deal with abusive behaviour by applying SoG’s methodology for member education
- Monitor and analyse community performance to ensure agreed KPIs are being met and send regular quantitative and qualitative reports on the community’s progress to the Client.
- Meet regularly with the client to discuss progress and find new ways to improve the performance of the community.
- Fluent in English & Arabic with excellent communication skills especially in writing, including editing and content creation
- Outstanding engagement skills including promoting productive behaviours, being relentlessly positive and effectively managing conflicts
- Great listening and influencing skills; high emotional intelligence
- Strong analytical skills, including data collection and reporting
- Effective organisational and prioritisation skills
- Technical skills including community platform, Google suite and Mac knowledge is an advantage
- Experience in running or managing online communities (forums) or similar, and client-facing operational experience
- Experience organising, attending and reporting insights for online and offline community meetups and events
Nice to have
- Interest or experience in gaming
- Interest in mobile/tech is a plus
- Good cultural understanding of the United Kingdom
- Some experience from working in Customer Service
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
Due to the high number of applicants, we are only able to respond to successful candidates. Apply for the job here.