CLOSED – Vacancy: Community Relationship Manager – Dutch or Swedish Speaking
About the Company
Standing on Giants is the world’s first agency for businesses that want to build a brand-owned, online community. We empower businesses to build thriving online communities that put their customers at the centre of everything they do. Born from the team that created the revolutionary community-led model at mobile disruptor giffgaff, Standing on Giants now works with leading businesses like Airbnb, O2, Tesco Bank and Utilita, helping them launch successful communities that deliver real results. We are Khoros Kudos award-winners in 2020, recognising our work as Best-In-Class.
We are proud to be the first online community company to attain B Corp Certification, meaning we ascribe to the highest standards of environmental and social responsibility. As a company, our vision is a world where business works for the benefit of people and planet, not just profit, powered by trusting and collaborative communities. As a result, it’s important that we take active steps towards this every day in our work. Our people are, therefore, of central importance. We have a range of employee benefits to enable you to do your job to the best of your ability and we pride ourselves on our supportive, open environment and shared efforts to keep our working practices as sustainable as possible.
About the Role
As a Community Relationship Manager for Airbnb, you will be focused on recruiting, onboarding, and supporting engaged Airbnb Hosts in Northern Europe as part of the Community Leaders programme. The Community Leaders are Hosts who have volunteered to bring Hosts in their area together in a local Host Club (focused around a Facebook group) to collaborate, share, and collectively grow with Airbnb.
You will be working with the Senior Community Relationship Manager to support a group of ~100 Leaders, (with a focus on the Nordics and Netherlands) dedicated to answering their questions and addressing their concerns. You will support the Host Community by managing Facebook groups of local Airbnb Hosts, providing them with content and ideas to increase engagement, optimising and educating hosts. You will be responsible for gathering host insights and helping cascade these to other teams in order to make the right improvements to the Airbnb product and platform.
Recruitment/Onboarding – selecting Community Leaders who meet Airbnb’s criteria and setting them up for success
- Assess applications; putting forward potential candidates for screening calls
- Provide guidance and training on their role, if required
- Hold onboarding sessions for new Community Leaders and complete the set-up process
Relationship Management/Ongoing support
- Support weekly calls with Community Leaders and independently run these sessions as required
- Act as a point of contact for Nordics and Netherlands leaders, holding 1-1 calls
- Develop resources and programming based on feedback given by Community Leaders
- Send creative and localised content ideas and materials to your Leaders weekly, and as required
- Answer Leader emails and concerns
- Support in the planning and logistics of online and offline events
Performance tracking/reporting – assessing how the Facebook groups run by your Leaders are performing and reporting back to the client
- Review Host Club engagement, sharing relevant content with cross-functional teams
- Provide specific feedback and insights to your Leaders on their performance and how they can improve
- Use Salesforce to report on performance of the Facebook groups
- Share updates with the client on a regular basis
- Support with projects and pilots, sharing impact with Airbnb
- Support the education of hosts on all significant product changes and cascade feedback to the relevant internal stakeholders
Required Skills & Experience
- Fluent in English and either Swedish or Dutch
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Outstanding communication skills and confidence in dealing with people regularly on the phone/video calls
- Great listening and influencing skills; high emotional intelligence
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to manage several jobs at one time and to prioritise
- Strong analytical skills and ability to research information to provide answers
- Problem-solving attitude and proactive mindset
- Ability to work with others
- Ability to manage conflicts effectively
- Flexibility to travel when and where required, for host events or company offsites
- Attentive to detail and organised
- Technical skills including knowledge of Facebook groups, Salesforce, Google Suite and Apple OS is an advantage
- Experience in managing Facebook groups, online communities (forums) or similar client-facing operational experience
- Have a keen interest in hospitality and tourism within Northern Europe (UK, Ireland, Nordics and Netherlands)
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
Due to the high number of applicants, we are only able to respond to successful candidates. Apply for the job here.