CLOSED – Vacancy: Community Relationship Manager for Airbnb (Northern Europe)
About the Company
Standing on Giants is the world’s first agency for businesses that want to build a brand-owned, online community. We empower businesses to build thriving online communities that put their customers at the centre of everything they do. Born from the team that created the revolutionary community-led model at mobile disruptor giffgaff, Standing on Giants now works with leading businesses like Airbnb, O2, Tesco Bank and Utilita, helping them launch successful communities that deliver real results. We are Khoros Kudos award-winners in 2020, recognising our work as Best-In-Class.
We are proud to be the first online community company to attain B Corp Certification, meaning we ascribe to the highest standards of environmental and social responsibility. As a company, our vision is a world where business works for the benefit of people and planet, not just profit, powered by trusting and collaborative communities. As a result, it’s important that we take active steps towards this every day in our work. Our people are, therefore, of central importance. We have a range of employee benefits to enable you to do your job to the best of your ability and we pride ourselves on our supportive, open environment and shared efforts to keep our working practices as sustainable as possible.
About the Role
As a Community Relationship Manager for Airbnb, you will be focused on recruiting, onboarding, and supporting engaged Airbnb hosts in Northern Europe (UK&I, the Netherlands and the Nordics) as part of the Community Leaders programme. The Community Leaders are hosts who have volunteered to bring hosts in their area together in a local Host Club (focused around a Facebook group) to collaborate, share, and collectively grow with Airbnb.
You will be the primary point of contact for a group of ~100 Leaders, serving as their go-to person at Airbnb, dedicated to answering their questions and addressing their concerns. You will support the Community Leaders with managing their Facebook groups of local hosts, providing them with content and ideas to increase engagement.
- Recruitment/Onboarding – selecting Community Leaders who meet Airbnb’s criteria and setting them up for success
- Assess applications
- Manage the interview process
- Provide guidance and training on their role
- Relationship Management/Ongoing support – being the main point of contact for your group of Community Leaders and supporting them
- Regular check ins with the Community Leaders you manage (phone/video call)
- Develop resources and programming
- Send content ideas and materials to your Leaders every week
- Answer Leader emails and concerns
- Performance tracking/ reporting – assessing how the Facebook groups run by your Leaders are performing and reporting back to the client
- Remediation of at-risk Leaders who are underperforming
- Provide specific feedback and insights to your Leaders on their performance and how they can improve
- Use Salesforce to report on performance of the Facebook groups
- Client relationship management
- Fluent in English and ideally Swedish, Dutch or Norwegian
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Outstanding communication skills and confidence dealing with people regularly on the phone/video calls
- Great listening and influencing skills; high emotional intelligence
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to manage several jobs at one time, able to prioritise
- Strong analytical skills and able to research information to provide answers
- Problem-solving attitude
- Ability to work with others and lead a team
- Ability to manage conflicts effectively
- Attentive to detail and organised
- Technical skills including knowledge of Facebook groups, Salesforce, Google Suite and Apple OS is an advantage
- Experience in managing Facebook groups, online communities (forums) or similar client-facing operational experience
Nice to have
- Knowledge of multiple languages (especially Swedish, Dutch, Norwegian, Finnish, Icelandic or Danish)
- Experience in relationship management or account management
- Events experience (organising, hosting or supporting)
- Experience of working in Customer Service
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
Due to the high number of applicants, we are only able to respond to successful candidates Apply for this job.