Closed – Vacancy: Head of Community
About the Company
Standing on Giants is the world’s first agency for businesses that want to build a brand-owned, online community. We empower businesses to build thriving online communities that put their customers at the centre of everything they do. Born from the team that created the revolutionary community-led model at mobile disruptor giffgaff, Standing on Giants now works with leading businesses like Airbnb, O2, Tesco Bank and Utilita, helping them launch successful communities that deliver real results. We are Khoros Kudos award-winners in 2020, recognising our work as Best-In-Class.
We are proud to be the first online community company to attain B Corp Certification, meaning we ascribe to the highest standards of environmental and social responsibility. As a company, our vision is a world where business works for the benefit of people and planet, not just profit, powered by trusting and collaborative communities. As a result, it’s important that we take active steps towards this every day in our work. Our people are, therefore, of central importance. We have a range of employee benefits to enable you to do your job to the best of your ability and we pride ourselves on our supportive, open environment and shared efforts to keep our working practices as sustainable as possible.
About the Role
The Head of Community will work directly with one of our largest clients, leading the Client’s community team and taking the lead on the creation and implementation of the Community Strategy. This is an incredible opportunity for someone experienced in both the Online Community Management field and in people management who is ready to take on their next challenge.
You will be hard-working and quick to learn. Highly self-motivated – you’re the kind of person who’s always striving to do better. If you have an open, honest and collaborative approach to your job, you’ll fit right in.
Community strategy definition and implementation:
- Support the creation of the online community management strategy based on the SoG methodology and in cooperation with the Client
- Lead the implementation of the agreed community strategy to meet defined objectives
- Maintain regular communication with the client, utilising both qualitative and quantitative information to ensure the right decisions are made for both the community and business.
- Seek to go beyond the client’s expectations to drive community initiatives that inspire trust, value and happiness.
- Experience organising, attending and reporting insights for online and offline community meetups and events
Community team management:
- Manage the clients CM team on a day to day basis, create objectives and continuously support personal development
- Line-manage 3 senior community managers and a Community Administrator, supporting them with their teams and coordinating community-wide initiatives.
- Inspire community members to engage and create content, ultimately supporting the business to thrive by providing insights gained from the community on a regular basis.
- Act as an advocate of the brand in the community, as well as an advocate of the community within the brand, engage in dialogues with members and answer questions where appropriate, providing a superior quality of customer service and support to the community
- Deal and communicate with community members during crises, unstable or abusive behaviour applying SoG’s methodology for member education
- Monitor and analyse community performance to ensure agreed KPIs are being met and send regular quantitative and qualitative reports on the community’s progress to the Client.
Required Skills & Experience
- Fluent in English and excellent communication skills especially in writing, including editing, translating and content creation
- Outstanding engagement skills including promoting productive behaviours, being relentlessly positive and effectively managing conflicts
- Great listening and influencing skills; high emotional intelligence
- Strong analytical skills, including data collection and reporting
- Effective organisational and prioritisation skills
- Technical skills including community platform, google suite and Mac knowledge
- Great strategic skills including community and content strategy development; trendspotting and synthesising; benchmarking and reporting; needs and competitive analysis
- Excellent business skills including team management, coaching skills; budget and financial management
- 5+ years of experience in running or managing online communities (forums) including Head of Community experience
- A wealth of stories, experiences and learnings to share with us stemming from your community manager journey
- Availability to be flexible with working hours to allow support with stakeholders operating on PST.
Nice to have
- Good cultural understanding of the United Kingdom and the United States
- Knowledge of other European languages is an advantage
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
Due to the high number of applicants, we are only able to respond to successful candidates. Apply for the job here.